Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Thing 8: Video


Here's a video I created and posted on YouTube about a year ago. Each year during Poetry Blitz Week, the library sponsors a poetry reading. Faculty and students come to the library to read a favorite poem, or a poem that they've written themselves. As you can see, they sometimes bring props (see the hedgehog).





Another video is of Kingsley Greene, our library director, and Susan Scrimshaw, president of The Sage Colleges. The video was taken during the dedication of the library café, known as Hazel's Café, which was named after an alumna, Hazel Bode, who bequeathed money to the college for library renovations. I used iMovie to create the video, complete with music, slide transitions, and special effects. I had fun creating this even though it's just an amateur video. I am sure there are lots of events in the library that I could record and post on YouTube.

3 comments:

  1. Great job, Rose! What sort of camera did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan. It's a Canon PowerShot SX200 IS. It has an image stabilizer but I find that when taking videos it's best to use a tripod. Both of the videos are back lit which isn't the ideal lighting situation. Again, it's amateur videography at its best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Rose. It sounds like I should get my Girl Scouts to use a tripod. I get seasick watching their videos. I also now have another thing to covet - a better video camera.

    ReplyDelete